Ashgrid system on pitched roof with ceiling. Create spec at DesignSmart
The Bradford Roof Spacer System raises the roof sheet above the purlin, creating a defined space between the safety mesh and the roof sheet for the building insulation.
The Ashgrid Spacer System consists of galvanised bars and supporting brackets pre-assembled in one metre sections. The system features the innovative Safe-Loc™ bar connection, providing stability and peace of mind at the click of a tab. This prevents the Ashgrid bars from separating during the installation process, for precise gauging and quicker installation. Once engaged, the bar ends cannot be accidentally separated though the joints can be ‘unlocked’ if the need arises.
Features and Benefits
Features and Benefits
- Able to achieve BCA compliant Total R-Value (RT) when used in conjunction with approved building insulation blankets
- Rated for use in cyclonic regions across the full range of bracket heights (full wind tunnel test results available upon request)
- New release Ashgrid brackets are fitted with pre-loaded 12-14 x 30 Buildex tek screws which are tightly fitted into a rubber retainer to enhance thermal break and also to help in substantially reducing installation time. Screws suit all applications up to and including 2.5mm thick purlins and are corrosion resistant coated (Climaseal 3) to AS3566-1 as well as being FM Global approved.
- Four screws per 1.2m length are still all that is needed, meaning fewer screws per lineal metre are needed to assemble compared to other competitor spacing products.
- Available in a range of bracket heights to ensure the building insulation recovers to its full design thickness in accordance with BCA specifications
- Safe-Loc™ spigots ensure fast, secure and safe bar joints, as well as providing continuous load transfer throughout the bar run
- High performance brackets with deeper ribs provide improved structural performance and can be easily repositioned on site to suit roof/roof light requirements
- Compatible with both pierce fixed and concealed fixed roofing systems without the need for end caps or plugs
- Extensively used in Europe providing peace of mind for installers and specifiers for many years.