- Reflective foil roof sarking improves thermal performance by shielding the home from up to 97% of radiant heat when combined with an air-space, helping to provide a more energy efficient and comfortable home;
- Vapour permeable roof sarking allows the escape of water vapour from the warm interior during colder months to reduce the risk of condensation formation which can lead to unseen mould growth behind internal linings;
- All roof sarking helps to protect your home from the entry of storm driven rain into the roof cavity which can result in ceiling staining or permanent structural damage;
- Sarking limits air infiltration and dust entering the home through gaps around down-lights and vents by reducing draughts in the roof space;
- Provides compliance to BAL bush fire ember attack requirements in accordance with AS3959 by providing a secondary form of ember protection for the roof space - roof sarking is mandatory under the Building Code of Australia (BCA) for all tiled residential roofs, regardless of roof pitch, with a rafter length greater than 6 metres.
Roof sarking also protects the building structure from the weather prior to the application of the roof, which can limit water damage to internal structural components and improve on-site work flow efficiency by allowing some internal trades to commence work before the roof is applied.
For additional information on roof sarking, please visit the Roof Sarking pages.