Bradford Fibertex SPI is a formed rockwool insulation product. It is manufactured by spinning a molten mixture of natural rock and recycled products into fine wool like fibres. The SPI is then rolled into shape and the fibres are bonded together using a thermosetting resin to form the final product. This process ensures the fibre orientation is perpendicular to the heat flow ensuring maximum thermal performance.
Rockwool SPI is available in 1200mm long pipe sections of varying diameters and thicknesses. SPI sections are slit to facilitate easy installation over insitu piping. SPI diameters are manufactured to fit over standard piping sections. The product can be identified by its dark green/brown appearance.
Features and Benefits
- Highly durable insulation product
- Designed for use at high temperatures up to 650°C
- Easily installed over insitu piping by one person
- Cost effective thermal insulation
- Performance is not adversely effected from contact with water
- Non combustible
- Low chloride content resulting in less corrosion of insulated steel process piping
- Biosoluble safe to use product
- Made from up to 40% recycled material